Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Walking down memory lane...

In two weeks Hannah will be three years old and today it hit me...hard.  I had the opportunity to do a media story that included filming in one of the c-section rooms at one of our hospitals.  It was the same room (I think) where Hannah was born three years ago.  I looked around in amazement at what I saw and remembered the moment I first heard her cries and held her for the first time.  My labor and subsequent delivery via c-section was not how I planned but life has a funny way of working out not quite like we plan! That day on February 12, 2008, I went into the hospital and thought I'd be induced and out would come  baby a few hours later.  I laugh now at the thought but the planner I am "assumed" it was going to be just that easy.

Of course, it wasn't.  I labored for 12 hours, 6 of which was the not so fun "back labor" people tell you about. In the end, Hannah wanted out and it wasn't the way I planned but it was the best way for her...via c-section. And I will never forget that moment...I was exhausted and somewhat out of it after the long day BUT that moment Hannah made her entrance for the first time into this world rang loud and clear in my head as I looked around the OR today...

And now look at her....my independent, defiant, free willed three year old!

Hannah at one day old...


Hannah at (almost) three years old...


 

1 comment:

  1. nice! =) I hope that you also check my blog specially my first post. Thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete