Sunday, January 30, 2011

Randomness...

Most people who know me, think that Hannah is me.  Well, she doesn't look like me BUT apparently the "defiant, independent child" is how I was when I was young.  My mom reminds me of that often =)  As do my sisters... And while true, I don't recall giving my parents the run that Hannah gives to me.  It probably happened but still...I love her and all but it is definitely a battle of wills some day.  It is funny when I can just look at her and figure out what her next move is b/f she even does it.  Like today.  She decided she was tired of playing kitchen with me so I could tell Hannah was eyeing her dresser to empty it out and "organize it."  And yup, that is just what she was about to do...until I saw it in her eye and diverted it.  If I have the "organizing the dresser" event one more time, I planned to take all her clothes out of the room.  Not quite sure how I diverted the attention but within two minutes she was happily playing with her dolls in my room! Thank goodness...

Today was a special milestone for Caroline...she had her first taste of rice cereal! At first she didn't know quite what to make of it but after a couple minutes, she decided that it was good and was all ready for more! At four months, I thought it was time to try it out and happy I did.

Last night Caroline was baptized into the Catholic Church.  I became choked up when the Sacrament happened during church...another milestone for my baby has occurred and wow.  BUT last night also marked the night Hannah went #2 in her underwear while wearing her new purple dress and playing with her cousins.  Yes, it happened at home but it was drama.  She screamed and cried and wanted her underwear gone...fast.  I found a new level of patience I never knew I had...I calmed her, cleaned her and changed her all without yelling.  Rather, I kept telling Hannah that it was okay, accidents happen and we'll try again another time.  I always told people I lacked patience...that is until last night.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah and Ryder would be two peas in a pod. Oh, is that child like his mama;0 LOL I cannot believe Miss Caroline is 4 months old. Time passes all too quickly...

    ReplyDelete