Friday, January 21, 2011

Home alone with daddy...

Tim had the day off and while that is normal every other week, what isn't normal was having two sick girls at home for him.  In fact, Tim is just getting used to the whole idea of having two kids home every other week and wasn't mentally or physically geared up for two sick kids and the meltdowns and crying fests that followed.  I have to give him credit b/c he did it and managed to have both kids smiling by the time I came home eight hours later.  Although apparently Hannah decided to re-arrange her room a few times, Caroline decided to only take one nap and, oh yes, Hannah chose to have a "full on meltdown" when Tim tried to pick out her underwear...so she spent the day in a pull up b/c it was "just easier." 

So, when I came home tonight and asked how and why Hannah's room was "re-arranged;" why Princess stickers were on our kitchen floor; and how a few pairs of my high heels ended up on the front staircase landing, Tim simply said, "Don't ask.  The kids and I survived.  We're all happy you're home."  Yup, mommy to the rescue as I work to restore order and a little sanity to all their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment