Thursday, January 13, 2011

The cat in the bed...



I never thought of myself as a cat person until Felix and Ethel arrived at our door five years ago.  Most people I know are either "cat people" or "dog people" and occasionally I run across the "all animals people." I was one of those dog people...love dogs and didn't give a lot of thought about cats.  All of that changed when two scrawny barn cats came to live in our barn.  Sure they were cute but I was determined to keep them outside and they'd never step foot in the house.  Yeah, that lasted....

Fast forward five years and Felix is pretty much inside all the time and Ethel comes in and out...in fact Felix likes to think all cushion-filled places in the house are his...including Hannah's bed as of recent.  Tonight, I put Hannah to bed only to have her come down 10 minutes later saying "Felix is in my bed. Please get him out."  It was rather funny but to her he was on her blankets and no one does that.   Not even a four legged furry grey hair cat named Felix.

No comments:

Post a Comment