Monday, January 17, 2011

Finding time...

It's funny...pre kids, I always thought it was difficult to find a moment to breathe during my busy day at work and tending to the chores around the house.  Well, now I just laugh at that notion!  With two kids, a busy career and the countless to do lists at home, my "me time" is usually the 10 minute (or sometimes 5) shower I get in the evenings just after putting the kids to bed.  There are countless news articles about how women tend to put themselves last and everyone else first...I used to laugh and think "come on women! It's not that difficult to put ourselves first!" Of course I realize this statement is ridiculous now. 

BUT, I do think there is truth in those articles. I receive Parents magazine on a monthly basis and they always have tips to the moms out there about how to have a moment...and they're right. So, I encourage all moms (and dads too!!) to take a moment every now and then to just be...whether it's that cup of coffee at your desk first thing in the morning or that shower where it's just you or that moment at the end of the day when the kids are down and you can finally hear the house sounds....

Tell me, what is that one moment for you?

1 comment:

  1. During the work week, most of my "Mommy" time is spent upon initial arrival at work. It's only about 10 minutes, but I pack all that I can into it...listening to music, looking at facebook, eating breakfast, deep breathing and positive imagery. On the weekends, I almost always wake up before the hubby and little one...so I indulge by watching something on BBC America (I love British television!).

    ReplyDelete