Sunday, January 23, 2011

In sickness and health...

I hate when my kids are sick...but I hated even more when the entire family is sick.  For the past week, I've been wiping noses, rubbing Vicks on both girls like its my job and trying to Clorox everything in the house to prevent the germs from spreading...if only.  Yesterday, Tim and I succumbed to the illnesses. He with a fever and me with a full blown cold.  Before kids, if either one of us was sick, we'd simply go to be early and sleep until we felt better.  But, as any parent will attest, there is no rest of the weary.  What a sight it probably was yesterday as I wiped my nose, then Caroline's then Hannah's...Tim was on his own! =)

As I put Caroline to bed last night I prayed she'd sleep and did the same as I put Hannah to bed.  And miraculously they did, except for a brief period when Caroline was up at 1:30.  I'm not 100 percent today but I'm more than the 40 percent I was yesterday so I'll take it...and muster on...

No comments:

Post a Comment