Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day...

It's funny to me how Valentine's Day has evolved.  It used to be about Tim and I, flowers, gifts and special dinners.  I would make a nice, romantic dinner where we'd sit in the dining room and have a lovely evening.  OR we'd go out for a nice dinner to Real Seafood or Mancy's Steakhouse. 

Fast forward to today and well, it's a slightly different image.  Last night, I bought Papa John's pizza and breadsticks home, we ate as a family in our kitchen and then went upstairs to watch Nick Jr. in our bedroom with the kids.  Yet, it was wonderfully relaxing!  Hannah told me she loved me "so very much" and Caroline talked, smiled and laughed all while bouncing in her bouncer.  Sure a bouquet of flowers  would have been a special surprise, however, having one moment with just the four of us where we weren't rushing was just as nice too...although perhaps next year I could get roses too (sorry Tim but I'm a girl who loves roses!)!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet...indeed life changes once you have kiddos. Sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete