Sunday, April 24, 2011

Blessings...

Today is Easter and to anyone reading this HAPPY EASTER! Today, I experienced something new: seeing my three year old become excited over what the Easter Bunny brought her.  Up until this point she was on the cusp of "getting it" but today she "got it" and was eager to go home after church this morning to look for her basket full of goodies.  Only this year the "Easter Bunny" went a little overboard...yes, that's right I went crazy.  I promised myself from the minute Hannah was born that my kids would get presents at the holidays in moderation.  AND up until this Easter, I stood by that...but something inside of me became excited too as I bought items and before I knew it Hannah had a basketful of presents and three other larger items as well.  HOWEVER, I couldn't resist given the sale/clearance price tags and knowing the look on her face=) And to see the bright eyes and hear the "WOWs" come from Hannah made it worth it...

Caroline had a simple Easter this year as she's still too young for most things but I did find some fun Sesame Street soft books that she readily put in her mouth as soon as she spotted them...LOL!

All of this leads me to tonight when Tim asked if I had a good Easter...My answer: It was the best Easter in a long time.  My kids and my family mean more to me then anything and to see the happiness on Hannah's and Caroline's faces were what mattered. As Hannah was saying her prayers tonight, I added a silent one in that I thanked God for all that I have and for the wonderful family and friends I am blessed with....

No comments:

Post a Comment