Monday, March 7, 2011

Life and death

Over the weekend Tim's aunt suddenly passed away and today I find myself thinking about what we will say to Hannah this weekend at the funeral.  She is in her "Why?" stage and almost every question or comment I make to her tends to be followed by a Why mom?  It's challenging at time but so far I've managed to satisfy her with answers.  But this weekend will be a little more challenging.  How do you talk about death with a three year old?  And I think about the questions she'll ask and I don't think I'll have any answer to some...and that's okay.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, if you have any questions and want any books let me know. My mom works for Stein Hospice and we are already running into similiar situations w/ P&G regarding Papa. More than likely he will be discharged tomorrow and has been deemed medical management. There is nothing else they can do for him. Mom knows he would qualify for hospice, but I don't know if he is ready to sign himself on. Time will tell...

    Lots of prayers and (((hugs))) coming your way!!!

    ReplyDelete