Friday, March 25, 2011

In sickness and health...

I often don't write about my husband, Tim.  I reference him from time to time but I don't really write about him so I decided this was a day to do that. (I'm sure he's thrilled...)

This week, we had enough sickness to go around.  He was sick Sunday night with "God only knows what" type of stomach ailment.  So, I took care of the girls, him and all my other chores that evening.  Fast forward 24 hours and I was the one on the couch...and it was his turn to take care of the girls, me and his chores.  Only the girls didn't want Daddy.  No matter how much he tried.  Caroline was the first to cry as he attempted to feed her...the consistency of her rice cereal and the tempature of her green beans were not what she was used to...so, as any six month old would do, she began to fuss and cry.  All while I attempted to lay on the couch with Vick's on my chest and nose... =) 

Then I heard Hannah start to whine about wanting her pajamas on and going to bed...clearly, the house was no longer under control and I heard Tim's voice begin to waiver. I had two choices at that moment: either ignore them and lie on the couch as best I could OR interject, get the situation under control and then go to bed.

Yup, I chose the latter and I think everyone was glad I did.  Of course my ailment turned into a down-n-out cold that rendered me on the couch for the last three days...and in this time Tim's figured it out more and more where Caroline will now take food from him and Hannah will actually let him tuck her into bed...all without crying.

Thanks to my hubby for taking care of his girls this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment