Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Good will prevail...

Like most yesterday I read and watched in shock what unfolded in Boston and what's now being called an "act of terrorism."  I didn't know anyone personally there but yet I felt a sense of kinship with them b/c one it was the U.S. and for two I'm a runner.  Okay, jogger really...but I know that sense of accomplishment of preparing for a race and wanting to cross the finish line as a symbol of "I did it!"

All of that was changed when two bombs exploded near the finish line within seconds of each other.  Who would do this and why?  Innocent people looking at that line thankful that they made it and did their very best.  Spectators watching their friends, family and complete strangers run 26.2 miles for a personal goal and out of pure enjoyment.

As I sat last night watching Dora the Explorer with my 5 and 2 year olds I was grateful that they were oblivious to the evil...even if for a just a bit longer.  They still believe in a good world and one where evil doesn't exist. As Hannah and Caroline danced around to the songs and laughed with ease at the story, I became more resolute than ever to show them that the World is, in fact, a good place.  Yes, there is darkness in it but Good outweighs...

And as a Nation we come together to help and heal...and through it Good will shine on. In Boston. In Toledo, Ohio and all places throughout these United States of America.


No comments:

Post a Comment