Wednesday, June 22, 2011

3 going on 13...

Hannah...ah, Hannah. I've said before how I love that she is independent and it will serve her well in the future. But tonight was one of those nights that didn't serve her well, nor me for that matter. The girl knows how to press buttons and I truly believe looks for ways (ALREADY) to do just that.

It was really a fine evening for the family. All of us hanging out in the living room playing, reading and watching a little Dora. In fact, I was actually thinking how much we needed this night of relaxation and family togetherness. And it lasted right up until Hannah's bedtime at 9 p.m. Then the defiant, saying NO loving girl came out. I didn't see it coming. In fact, I think it came out of nowhere...truly!

Her body became a pile of mush on the floor where I had to carry her upstairs only to be met with screams and "no to bed mommy!" I tried the "time out in bed" routine and even went so far as the "threatening to take blankets away" approach. Nothing worked. So, I simply shut the door and let her cry it out, all while praying she didn't wake her sister in the next room.

Thankfully, Hannah is now silent and Caroline is still asleep. All of these moments with Hannah lead me to wonder what the teen years will be like. If I have curly hair left after that, it'll be a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment